Parents, Players, Coaches - we'd like to hear from you about 2019 Fall Season:
what you and your kids like/dislike about this season;
any questions, comments;
there are evaluation forms for coaches and referees in Coaches Corner;
Just send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer various other programs now, if your kids would like to play better soccer
Coaches, thanks for volunteering - there is no Fall Season without you
LSC's Intown program is all about sportsmanship, making friends, getting some exercise and learning a bit about soccer along the way.
- Any boy or girl who will be in 1st grade thru 12th grade this Fall can play. We welcome children of any skill level. Livingston residents only.
- If your child will play travel soccer (LSC or any other program) in the Fall, they are not eligible to play Intown soccer.
- 1st Grade will play in a festival-style 4v4 or 5v5 format to encourage more meaningful touches on the ball and a better understanding of soccer fundamentals at a young age. This mimics our Travel program. More details will be sent in the weeks to come. Please e-mail email@example.com with any questions, comments or concerns.
- 2nd Grade will play a nine-game season.
- 3rd Grade and older will play an eight-game season. These teams will also participate in our season-ending Carpini Cup tournament. Weather permitting, every team plays two games on Friday night/Saturday and our top finishers return on Sunday to compete for the championship.
- Schedule (Our season will be played on the following dates):
- September 7/8 (This will be a split weekend. You may have a game on Saturday, Sunday or no game at all.)
- September 14/15
- September 21/22
- September 28/29 (All games will be complete by 4:00 PM on 9/29 due to Rosh Hashanah.)
- October 5/6
- October 12/13 (Most teams will play on Saturday and Sunday.)
- October 19/20
- October 25 - 27 (Carpini Weekend)
- November 2 - 4 (Carpini Weekend Make-Up)
- Teams may have a weeknight game as part of their schedule. Please note these dates are tentative, subject to change, and may be the Saturday and/or Sunday of that weekend.
- We form teams of as even strength as possible at each grade level.
- Each year, we will determine if any age groups need to be combined based on numbers.
- For HS Co-Ed, we combine boys and girls together from 10th thru 12th grade. 9th graders have the option to play in the 7/9th Grade division or in the HS Co-Ed program.
- Teams are coached by volunteer parents. Coaches usually hold practice one day per week after school.
- If you are interested in coaching, please note that in your registration. You may join as groups of up to three coaches.
- The program costs $83 per child plus a $12 field usage fee charged by the Township of Livingston.
- We charge a late fee of $50 per family for those who register after May 31.
- If you register late we cannot guarantee there will be a spot available for your child.
- For 1st Grade, we will honor one mutual friend request.
- For HS Co-Ed Girls, we will honor up to four friend requests.
- As we stated above, parents can ask to coach together and of course they will have their kids on their teams.
- For 1st Grade - the coaching requests counts as the mutual friend request.
- We automatically put siblings in the same age group together, unless you ask us not to do so. If you register late, we cannot make any guarantees.
- We provide each child with a full uniform (shirt, shorts an socks) to keep.
- We suggest you get your child soccer shoes - although sneakers are allowed. No baseball or lacrosse cleats.
- Shin guards are mandatory.
- Each child should bring their own ball to practice.
- No Jewelry Allowed! For safety reasons, no jewelry can be worn during practice or games. Taping over earrnings is not allowed.